August is almost over and that’s means it’s time for my monthly reading wrap up. This month I finished reading:
- It’s entertaining.
- I learn new words or life lessons.
- I get to experience new worlds, situations and lives. I can sympathize with characters and realize that what I might be feeling isn’t exclusive to me.
- Reading gets my mind off things and helps me relax.
- Reading inspires me to write.
Why do you love to read?
In July, I read six books to my surprise. Most of them were short, easy reads and it helped that I liked all of them.
- Carrie by Stephen King
- The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson
- Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Fearless 3: Run by Francine Pascal.
This past weekend, I went to Santa Barbara, CA. We had a great time and the weather was nice. I bought a few books from a couple of used book stores. The first one we went to is called The Book Den. I bought One Thousand and One Nights by Hanan al-Shaykh, Bright Shadow by Avi and The Green Mile (Part 4) by Stephen King. I realized later that The Green Mile is part 4 of a 6 part series. I might buy the other parts online.
The other books I actually bought from $5 or Less Bookstore in Simi Valley. I bought A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and Molly’s Story Collection (American Girl).
I’m very excited to read them. What books did you buy or get recently?